Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sick, sick, sick

It has been a rough 2 weeks for Colette and I. So as you read, I got sick at Thanksgiving...I've been sick since and I have passed it along to Colette. I never get sick, no, really. NEVER. I told Nick that is must be a whole different set of colds out in the East and my ultra strong immune system can't hack them. He had no comment...But what makes me so sad is that Colette is sick because of me. I lost my voice, she did too- I am coughing up a storm, so is she. I called into work last night sick, and today I have decided that we are going to get 100% better!!! No more of this nonsense! So we have stayed in for two whole days napping, drinking fluids, breathing in a humidifier, and Colette even tried an orange for the first time! (I thought that Vitamin C might help her...)
Outcome thus far? Still sick...but that boogie syringe they give you at the hospital has worked like a charm! (For her, not me.) Let's hope we start to feel better tomorrow.
P.S. Nick's finals are Monday so we don't see him everyday from 7:00am-8:00pm. We really miss him around these parts.

1 comment:

Julie and Adam said...

Sorry you're both sick! I think I know what you mean about the different colds out here. I've had 2 colds in 1 month, and I also like to believe I generally have a pretty tough immune system! I wish you both a speedy recovery!