Tuesday, December 27, 2011

8 Months Old

Yesterday Colette officially turned 8 months old!! I can't believe it--no, really, I can't. But she has grown so much and here are some things she loves.

-Solid foods...will try anything we give her. Loves it all! Especially lemons
-Crawls on all four limbs and is getting pretty fast. I have to keep a good eye on her because she can get into anything very fast.
-Pulls herself up on anything she can get her hands on. Couch, ottoman, shelves, bed, safety gate, chairs, me, Nick, toilet...she just LOVES standing.
-CAN OFFICALLY SIT NOW! We were worried for awhile, but on December 24 she just took to sitting like it's no big deal, and now she just sits there like she's been doing it forever.
-Loves her new walker. Doesn't actually walk with it yet, but stands there ready to walk.
-Loves being tossed in the air, playing peek-a-boo, tickled, walking around the house with mom, and when dad comes home.
-Smacks her lips
-Gives open mouth kisses (occasionally)
-Working on waving hi and bye
-Not weary of strangers yet, but I think it will come soon. (Tonight we had the missionaries over and she wouldn't leave one of the elders alone. She just loved him!)
-Sleeps from 7:30pm-7:00am with one 10:30pm feeding...pretty good for me! But she has always been a great sleeper (from what I hear)

So overall she is just great! I love her more and more each day, and the best part of my day is waking up and walking into her room to see her standing there in her crib smiling!

No comments: