Monday, April 30, 2012

Rhody Run 2012

So we made it! We have crossed the state line into Connecticut. We started at the Mass/RI border and ran right across. Some fun things along the way; we lost one of Colette's slippers, ran through downtown Providence and over rivers, lakes and bridges. Passed 19th century buildings and stone fences and even saw a couple 'secret garden' kind of places. No treasures found on the side of the road, but we did run through a freeway on and off ramp area where a police officer blocked traffic for us. We ran over the highest point in Rhode Island, which was 812 feet. And we ran in sun, wind, chilly, and cloud covered days. We ran on pavement, rocks, grass, and glass in Melissa's case. (poor stroller) We only had one injury of me slicing my knuckle, and one time running past our turning point...only put us a couple blocks out of the way. And there were many honks and hollars along the way. But we did it! I accomplished my New Years goal (which never really happens because I usually set my goal as something like 'learn a new recipe') I am very proud of myself and glad that I held strong through it all. How many of you can say you have run across a state? Go ahead, make it your goal as well. You see parts of the state that you would never have seen otherwise. I hope this isn't the last state I run across :)




(boy I'm not nearly as graceful looking as Kaitie)

2 comments:

Julie and Adam said...

Yeah! I am so glad you did it! I am sad I missed out!

Sarita said...

Ditto on Julie's comment!