Sunday, September 11, 2011

Drive out East: Day 2

We started the day off early and continued our journey out east. We stopped and had lunch in Omaha, Nebraska. While there we did a tour of Winter Quarters. Hearing the story of the dear pioneer lady that laid her twins to rest 10 days after being born is such a touching story! Especially to a new mom holding her 4 month old. I almost got teary eyed. Then we tried to find a magnet for me and my collection. After three stores and no success and lady was so excited that someone wanted tourist stuff that she grabbed a bunch of Nebraska magazines, articles, pamphlets and put them in a bag and gave them to Nick. I guess she thought I could make a magnet out of them or something...
Then we continued to drive....
And drive....and all we ever saw was....CORN FIELDS & BEAN FIELDS! For hours and hours.
Day 2 we drove 579 miles until we got to Davenport, Iowa.

No comments: