Monday, May 17, 2010

Allison my friend

(Halloween 2007)

My super sweet past room-mate sent me the sweetest email ever today! I had to repost it. I writing her a response because she is such a wonderful person and a great influence in my life while I lived with her. It also made me think about what I learned from other past room-mates. I need to share with them things I have learned as well. That sounds like it would be fun.
Anyways, here is the sweet email she sent me.

Hey Kim! So, I was looking through this old notebook of random things I had written and I came across something that I wrote after you moved out that I was going to send to you. My follow-through was a little lacking obviously but it made me laugh because I remember everything that I wrote. So...without further ado I bring you....

10 things I learned from Kim

10. A bathroom and kitchen look better without stuff on the counter

9. You can make a great gift out of flour, water and a big balloon. (paper mache pigs)

8. The art and power of fake eyelashes and how to apply them. (Still a work in progress)

7. Napkins are optional. Just wipe your hands on floor, clothes, couches or whatever you can get your hands on.

6. Nicole Kidman is sticking by Keith Urban through his rehab. Brittney Spears has been caught by the paparazzi numerous times without underwear. There is going to be a Spice Girls reunion. And last but not least...Flava Flav chose Delicious over New York!

5. Just how much we love Joel Mchale

4. Chocolate and cookies make a great breakfast, lunch or dinner. Who needs fruits and veggies?

3. Shoes! Shoes! Shoes! Never underestimate the power of a great pair of shoes!

2. Even the underdogs can win first place. (Your cheerleading camp)

1. I yam what I yam.

Oh memories. We really had a great time. I still miss you and Nick so much!

I hope you are doing well and hope maybe you can come visit in San Diego. Tell Nick I said hi!

Al

What a sweet and wonderful person she is! She is getting married July 2 and I'm SO happy for her! I miss the fun times we had.

3 comments:

Breanne King said...

hey i want you to teach me how to apply fake eye lashes!! I have a feeling it will make me more pretty....

Kim Edwards said...

I can definately do that. haha. They don't make one prettier, just more diva like :)

Emily said...

Kim is also the one who taught me to apply fake lashes! Remember Kim? In the bathroom at Walgreens in Vegas before our big night out on the town? So funny.