Friday, December 10, 2010

Life Lately

Nick and my life has been crazy the last couple of days. I mean crazy. If there was a book about our life, it would be made into a movie, and then people would be like, we didn't like the movie because it was so unrealistic. That is how crazy. So to start it off, this week was the last week of classes. Meaning, Nick had his Neuro Anatomy test (terribly hard), I had my Philosophies of Family (also hard), THEN I had a 130 page design catalogue due, an 11 assignment (33 pgs) design of the home portfolio due, plus two papers on theories with Philosophies of Family, other quizzes and final classes. That has been school this week. And I graduate this next week to top it off!
AND THEN: Wednesday Nick was hit by a car!!! He called me and I heard the police in the background. Shaking I drove to the site. Nick was sitting in the police car. An ambulance had come and I drove him over to the emergency room. He was x-rayed and tested for neurological damage. And LITERALLY he was watched over! All he has is some interior bruising and scrapes on his face, hands, and arm. His glasses broke, his jacket tore, and his backpack ripped, and the scooter looks like a crumpled piece of paper. But he is doing okay. (such a tough husband I have) So now he is tending to his sore knee and bruised head, but he is such a trooper. After spending the whole day at the hospital we came home and I had to crunch out some of my homework listed above.
The next day we drove up to the OB to find out the sex of our baby. (a later post on that) Baby is healthy and developing properly. But after that we were driving home back to school when his uncle called him and said that his grandpa was really ill and wouldn't live much longer. So we ran to school to turn in some projects, talk to teachers, and headed up to Salt Lake. He passed away during that time. When we got to Salt Lake the family was there and starting to talk about the funeral. Funerals are always sad, but it was so nice to be there and surrounded by family and feel/see the love they have for one another. Having loved ones around, I feel, always makes it a little easier. So we spent a couple hours there. Drove home and I immediately had to finish some home work that was due immediately for credit! So I was on the computer for a couple hours. AND THEN Nick runs into the office and tells me to open his email. There, on his email, was his first letter from a grad school he applied to. Vanderbilt Univeristy in TN. So Nick will be flying out there in January for an interview.
Here we are, Friday. His parents are flying into town. We have finals next week(!!!), and Christmas preparation and also, next Friday is my loving, wonderful, husband's 28th Birthday-and Saturday is the funeral.
Does that not sound like an unrealistic movie or what?! What I have come away from this feeling is apprechaition that Nick is okay (most important to me), that the baby is healthy (also very important), that school is finishing for me (Yeah I'm graduating!), and that Nick's family is all going to be there for his wonderful grandma to love and support her through this difficult time, and that I have a job that is so accomodating to emergencies that happen in my life. What a huge blessing!
This is a long post. I'm sure most of you won't even read this all the way to the end, because you have busy lives, especially this time of year- But just be grateful for family and love we all have!

6 comments:

Leah said...

I read it all. Get some rest! What a crazy, crazy time you guys have had. But just think, our two baby girls are up in heaven playing together while you're studying, that should make you feel better. Love you guys and can't wait till school's over (REALLY over) for you guys so we can hang out.

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness! What a week! I'm so happy to hear Nick is okay. Good luck on finals. We'll see you next week.

Emily said...

What a crazy time, Kim! I hope you both continue to be blessed! A year from now you'll look back and see reasons behind everything that has happened and it'll all make sense. So excited for you!

Emily said...

excited about the baby (forgot to clarify).

johanna said...

I'm glad you guys are ok after that week. Feel better nick! And good luck with finals! Pretty soon you will be done!

Unknown said...

What a week! Hang in there Kim! And get better Nick. Thinking of you always.

xx
Sarah