Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Graceland. Need I say more.

Elvis's front room
Elvis's TV room
Elvis's game room
Yes, the ceiling was carpeted
Elvis's Jungle Room
Elvis's Grammy's
Elvis's army outfit
Elvis's wedding clothes
oh yeah
Elvis's raquetball hang out room (raquetball court was next door) He sang his last song in here the morning before he overdosed, I mean passed away. ;)
One of the MANY rooms full of all his awards
The signature outfit
Elvis's grave. He was buried on his grounds due to fans
Graceland Mansion

Things you may not have known about Elvis:
1. He met Priscilla in Germany. She was the daughter of an army sargeant.
2. He dated Priscilla for 7 years before he proposed
3. They were married in Vegas
4. 9 months later Lisa Marie was born
5. Elvis was a twin. His twin brother died at birth
6. His parents lived with him until they died.
7. He donated around $6000/month to charities
8. At 22 he bought this house for $120,000

He had a shooting range, corporate offices, ponies, a huge car lot, and the whole upstairs we were not allowed to see to keep 'respect' for him and his family (hehehe) My dad loved Graceland so I knew we had to go. It was a lot cooler than I thought it would be. In fact, I'm listening to Elvis as we speak. He had so many more songs that I thought. What a fun experience.

No comments: