Friday, July 16, 2010

A little visit from little Jayden

Nick's nephew Jayden came to stay with us for a week from NYC so he could attend BYU Cubs Soccer camp. He had so much fun playing. After his first day I asked him if he made any friends, and he said, Yeah! Lots! So Nick and I went to watch him play a couple games. He is pretty good, and his favourite position is offense. (He's in teh red shirt)
One day we also took him to the Creamery for dinner and then bowling. Just to toot my own horn, I bowled a 136 and beat everyone! Pretty amazing for me (someone who never breaks 100)
Nick also wanted to take him skateboarding, so we went to the park and he learned to push around, go down ramps, and faux drop in. Nick loved showing something he loves with someone else who is interested in it as much as he is.
Then another day we took him boating. He said the only boat he has been on it a big boat. Nick said the Ferry in New York? He said yeah. So we made sure he went in the tube! He LOVED it and was fearless- he even made a new best buddy out of Isaac my nephew. (This is a high five after they pushed good sport Nick into the water)
Then the final day we took him swimming at my sister's pool. He was just a little fish all day long! We sure wore him out though because he fell asleep in the car on the drive home. I think he had a really fun time! I know we loved watching him. He was so nice, polite, and helpful and I hope he can come stay with us again sometime!

1 comment:

Leah said...

How cute is that picture of the boys high-fiving! That's darling. Thanks so much for introducing Isaac to his new buddy.