Friday, July 9, 2010

July 4th

For July 4th (which in Provo was actually celebrated on July 5th) My sister-in-law Leah and brother Geoff and I ran a 5k for the Freedom Festival. My goal: To not walk any part of it. And I achieved my goal. Poor Leah had to wait up for me several times because I am a slower runner when I am tired, but we had a fun time.

After that we met up with friends and family and watched the Provo Parade. The kids were sadly disappointed there was no candy, but we had a nice time nontheless.
For the weekend I spent several hours laying out at my sister's pool, lighting fireworks, and eating way too much food! Nick spent the holiday in Washington D.C. I totally missed him not being there, but seeing the fireworks at the Washington Monument on July 4th would have been a once in a lifetime chance! He said it was really cool!

No comments: