Thursday, October 14, 2010

Baby Heart

Well I guess it's officially time I can announce that Nick and I are pregnant. Well, I'm actually the pregnant one, but Nick is the support. Today we had our 12 week visit and immediately when they put the little monitor to my belly we heard the heart beat. It was so surreal. Like, that sound was coming from inside me. So strange. I've been doing all sorts of reserach so I felt prepared, but it still was a crazy feeling/sound.
I told the doctor that I've lost 10 lbs and couldn't keep a prenatal vitamin in me, she gave me some sample ones to try and told me I have to gain weight by my next visit. So I might need some dirt cake :) haha We are pretty happy and don't care if it's a boy or girl. Just so excited that I have 2 awesome sisters who are so happy to help us out with giving us their done with baby things! How great is that?! I hope the baby is healthy and can't wait to meet him or her!
This is what a fetus looks like at 12 weeks. It's the size of a lime!

8 comments:

Breanne King said...

YAY!!!! That is SO exciting!! Try taking 1/2 a unisom (otc--get the generic its cheaper) before you go to bed. Its totally safe and it makes lots of people feel SO much better the next day. It makes some people groggy though...but without it I'd probably still be throwing up!

Linz said...

YAY YAY YAY!!! I can't tell you two how excited I am for you. Babies are the absolute best. I just couldn't get enough of the baby stages. So just a warning, when Aunt Linz is around there is going to be some baby hogging going on.

Congrats you two. I love you both and am incredibly thrilled about this!

XOXOXOXO

Melanie said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!! You will make incredible parents. This is going to be one beautiful babe!

johanna said...

congratulations!!! I'm really happy for you guys, this is sooo exciting!

clarissa said...

Kim, I couldn't be happier for you! Congrats!

Lauren & Preston said...

Congratulations to you both!!!!! I am sooo excited for you!! Kim you are going to be an amazing momma!!! XOXO

Kristen said...

Hooray for you guys! How fun to be almost done with school and starting this new part of your life! Morning (or all day in my case) is lame. I had the same issue of losing weight with my first baby (I know you'd never know to look at me:) and I couldn't keep any of the vitamins down with any of my kids. My doctor told me I could take some childrens vitamins if nothing else worked.

Leah said...

Never been more excited. Hooray for cousins close in age!